“How do I get more site visitors?”
It’s a question as old as time, or at least as old as the Digital Age! If you’re a small business owner, you know you need to be on the Internet! However, the fact that you have a website doesn’t mean that you’re going to be satisfied with the site traffic that the site receives. At some point, you’re going to ask yourself, “How do I get more website traffic?”
It’s a valid question, and the digital marketing experts at JSL Marketing & Web Design are here to answer it! In this blog, we’ll run you through some standard digital marketing and search engine marketing terms and a few possible strategies to get more people to visit your website!
Read on to learn more!
Common Search Engine Marketing Terms
Digital marketing can get pretty jargony at times. To help you out, we compiled a list of common digital marketing terms. Read on to become an internet marketing guru!
- Traffic: Digital marketing parlance for visitors to a particular site.
- SERPs: Search engine results pages. The results pages of a search engine like Google or Bing. The highest results on SERPs usually receive most of the clicks and traffic from any particular search term.
- Organic: Organic traffic refers to visitors to a website who found that site via searching on a search engine versus those who navigate to the site via another channel. (i.e., social media, another website, etc.) If your site isn’t getting a lot of organic traffic, it’s likely the site is hard to find on search engines results pages.
- Bounce Rate: A measure of how many people who visited your site left that site without visiting another page. A high bounce rate means the site isn’t very useful to visitors or isn’t aesthetically appealing. Anything above a 70% bounce rate is poor. A bounce rate below 40% is an exceptional rate!
- Google Analytics: Google’s proprietary analytics tool, which is commonly used to measure the number of visitors, location of visitors, and behavior of visitors while on a particular question.
Call JSL Marketing At 855.458.2873 For More Site Visitors!
How To Get More Website Traffic
Now that you know all about search engine marketing terms, it’s time to discuss the strategies you can use to drive more traffic to your site! Please note that these strategies are suggestions. For a complete recommendation tailored to your specific situation, talk to our web traffic experts at JSL Marketing & Web Design!
Pay-Per-Click Advertising For More Site Visitors:
Pay-per-click advertising on search engines like Google or Bing is the lighter fluid of marketing. This strategy will get you some heat, and it will get you results quickly! By paying to display an ad above organic search results for specific keywords, you’re drastically increasing the odds of seeing a serious increase in clicks and site visitors practically overnight!
We’d recommend Google Ad or Bing Ad campaigns for businesses who want to see more website visitors immediately or have a particular target audience they need to reach. These ad platforms also allow you to control the geo, audience, and budget in question so that you’re always getting exactly what you need from your ad campaigns!
Although pay-per-click advertising is a great way to drive more qualified web traffic, it’s not always the best strategy for every small business. It’s mainly not a great route for those brands without the resources to put up an ad spend. If cost is a concern, you might be better served to invest in….
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) For More Website Visitors
This is the slow-burn route to getting more website traffic. However, it is the most cost-effective marketing strategy in the long run. Search engine optimization is the process of optimizing a piece of content or website to be in line with the best practices of Google and other search engines. Ideally, these optimizations make it easier for the search engines to read the page in question and thus display the page higher on search engine results pages. Since this tactic can improve your standing on search engine results pages for numerous search times simultaneously, it’s the most long-lasting and cost-effective marketing strategy available to you!
A good SEO agency will be able to help you …
- Write Compelling, Keyword-Rich Content
- Optimize Meta Descriptions & Tags
- Revise Site Layout & Design
- Acquire Backlinks From Reputable Websites
- Securely Encrypt & Protect Your Website
- Redesign User Interfaces For A Better User Experience
- And More!
Link-Building For More Website Traffic
If you have the opportunity, link building is a great way to drive more traffic! The right link to your website from the right site is a surefire way to drive more traffic! An easy way to do this is a blog series with another website or company in your field of expertise. By guest blogging, each company can link back to the other website and cross-promote on each other’s site! Think of links as paths from site to site. The more links you have from other sites, the more paths exist for users to find you from another site!
Better Promotion For More Website Traffic
This strategy works in the same vein as pay-per-click advertising but often is more cost-effective. Utilize the more cost-efficient marketing methods of social media and email marketing to promote your website! This is a great, low-cost way to reach your target audience and maybe even get some social shares and forwards as well for greater reach!
Be careful not to overdo it, however. Constantly spamming your social media followers and customer email list will get old and may actually drive customers to tune you out. However, the occasional blast promoting new blog content or Facebook post announcing a new deal is perfectly in bounds! Share your content on these types of platforms to drive traffic to your website!
Call JSL Marketing At 855.458.2873 For More Site Visitors!
How To Improve the Traffic You Have
The strategies mentioned above will drive more traffic to your site, but they need to be paired with other digital marketing elements for best results. You can create the perfect stream of traffic to your website with a flawlessly executed strategy, but it won’t mean a thing if the site is subpar. You need great web design to maximize your site’s impression on your site visitors. Implement these strategies to help!
- Graphic Design: One of the quickest ways to impact a site visitor is through beautiful web design. Compelling graphic design will keep users on your site longer, which will improve your site’s ranking on Google and other search engines and also makes your site look professional. No one wants to put their trust in a lawyer, doctor, or hardware store with a boring and uninspiring website. You may have great word of mouth, but a poorly designed site just makes your website look unprofessional and outdated.
- Calls To Action: Like graphic design, clear calls to action maximize the traffic you do receive. Remember, the goal of your search engine marketing isn’t just to get views on a website. It’s to get those website visitors to call your business, purchase from your online store, or sign up for your promotions! Clear calls to action make it easy for users to see what they should do once on your site!
- Well-Written Content: Web writing is quite different from other forms of writing. Compelling website content needs to be concise, convincing, and search engine optimized, but it also needs to keep users reading. Remember, most users will leave any webpage they visit without finishing the content in question. The better the quality of your website content, the better the quality of your traffic! Great content also keeps users on your site longer since they can’t get enough of your blogs or web pages! This, in turn, increases your site’s SEO standing since time on site is a Google ranking factor!
Increase Your Traffic With JSL Marketing & Web Design
The top SEO agency in Dallas is ready to help you get more website traffic now! We’re an award-winning, industry-acclaimed SEO and web design agency with the beaming clients to back it up! There are no cheap tricks or smoke-and-mirrors when you partner with JSL Marketing & Web Design to increase your website visitors! Our custom-tailored digital marketing strategies work!
“We also appreciated JSL because they didn’t oversell — they simply offered us what we needed to redesign our website.” – Justin B.
“James and Sarah did a great job creating our company a new website. It was a quick and easy process, and we couldn’t be happier with our end product. I highly recommend JSL.” – Carter H.
Let’s talk shop. Our digital marketing experts can sit down with you to learn the ins and outs of your brand. From there, they can recommend a specific web traffic strategy to help you get the type of site visitors you want!
Call JSL Marketing At 855.458.2873 Or Fill Out The Form Below To Get More Site Visitors!